St. Joseph Hospital Project
St. Joseph’s Hospital, Nguludi is a 200-bed mission hospital under the umbrella of the Christian Health Association of Malawi, which acts as an administrative overseer of all mission hospitals in Malawi. St. Joseph’s Hospital is a teaching hospital, offers diploma courses in Nursing and Midwifery certificate. The hospital also trains internship clinical officers and some overseas medical students.
St. Joseph’s Hospital spends approximately $10,000 per month for drugs and medical supplies. A 25% cost-of-living increase is placing a severe strain on maintaining basic supplies of drugs and medical supplies.
Beginning in 2015, HFK Malawi Mission has been raising and donating $1,000 per year to meet the need for medical supplies for St. Joseph Hospital.
Medications and Drugs Needed
- Analgesics – Aspirin, Paracetamol, Codeine, Ibuprofen, Diclofenal tablets, pethnidine.
- Antibiotics – Amoxycillin capsules, Ampicillin capsules, Cetriaxone injection, Bensy/Penicillin injection, Metronidazole tablets, Metronidazole injection, Gentamycin injection, Chloramphenicol injection.
- I.V. Fluids – Dextrose 5% (1000 mls), normal Saline (1000 mls), Lingers Lactate (1000 mls).
- Drugs for Anesthesia – Ketamine injection, Halothane, Litocaine 5% + dextrose for spiral.
Note: Anti-Malaria Drugs provided by Malawi Government Program.
Medical Supplies Needed
- Surgical Items -Gauze, cotton wool, latex gloves, surgical gloves, sutures (i) vicyrl 1, 2, 2-0.
- Dental Items – Lignocaine I.M., dental needles, amalgam needles, amalgam capsules, chemical cure, composite filling material, drilling bars, cryers elevators.
- Laboratory – Heamocuvetes 201, EDTA tubes, plain tubes, frosted slides, plain slides, Glucose reagent, Diluent for chemistry analyzer, thermal paper of chemistry analyzer, multi-sticks, Syphilis antigen kit, blood bags, yellow tips, methylated spirit, chlorine (HTH 70%).
- Goal: $15,000 50%
Holy Family Parish
7045 120th Ave NE
Kirkland, WA 98033
Chair: Sharon Bastisini